What is Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) and why is it important?
Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) is a cybersecurity technology that provides real-time monitoring, detection, and response capabilities on endpoint devices. EDR solutions are designed to detect and respond to advanced threats that may bypass traditional antivirus and other endpoint protection tools. EDR solutions are becoming increasingly important as cyber attackers continue to evolve their tactics and techniques to evade traditional security tools.
How does our Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) solution protect your data?
Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) solutions typically collect and analyze endpoint data, such as network traffic, process information, file activity, and user behavior, to identify potential threats. They use advanced analytics, machine learning, and other techniques to detect threats that may be missed by other security tools. EDR solutions also provide a range of response capabilities, such as quarantine, file deletion, and user notification, to quickly remediate threats.
Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) is important because it provides companies with a powerful tool to detect and respond to advanced threats on their endpoints. Traditional antivirus solutions are designed to detect known threats, but they may not be able to detect unknown or sophisticated threats. EDR solutions can detect these types of threats and provide a fast response to minimize the impact of a security incident.
Why use an Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) solution?
Additionally, EDR solutions can provide companies with greater visibility into their endpoints and user behavior. This visibility can help companies identify security risks and vulnerabilities, as well as improve their security posture over time. EDR solutions can also help companies meet regulatory compliance requirements, such as those mandated by HIPAA or PCI-DSS, by providing detailed reporting and analytics on endpoint activity.
Overall, EDR is an important cybersecurity technology that can help companies improve their endpoint security and protect against advanced threats. It provides real-time monitoring, detection, and response capabilities on endpoints, and can help companies achieve greater visibility and control over their security posture.
The average time to detect a malware infection or criminal attack is 170 days (Heimdal Security).
Which EDR solutions do we use and why?
SentinelOne is an endpoint security platform that uses machine learning and behavioral analysis to detect and prevent advanced threats. Here’s why we use Sentinel One considering its benefits and features.
Benefits of SentinelOne:
- Comprehensive protection: SentinelOne provides comprehensive protection against a range of threats including malware, ransomware, fileless attacks, exploits, and insider threats. It uses multiple detection techniques including static analysis, behavioral analysis, machine learning, and artificial intelligence to identify and prevent threats.
- Comprehensive deployment and management: SentinelOne is easy to deploy and manage. It provides a centralized management console that allows administrators to manage endpoints, configure policies, and view threat activity across the company.
- Fast response times: SentinelOne has fast response times to threats. It uses a combination of automated and manual response capabilities to quickly remediate threats and minimize their impact.
- Real-time monitoring: SentinelOne provides real-time monitoring and visibility into threat activity across endpoints. It also provides detailed reporting and analytics to help companies understand their security posture.
- Continuous protection: SentinelOne provides continuous protection against threats. It uses real-time monitoring and machine learning to detect and prevent new and emerging threats.
- Flexibility: We can deploy Sentinel One on your network and your SOC can respond to the alerts or you can use our SOC to manage it for you.
What’s included in our Managed EDR solution:
Features of SentinelOne:
- Behavioral AI: SentinelOne uses behavioral AI to identify and prevent threats. It analyzes the behavior of processes and files on endpoints to detect anomalies and potential threats.
- Threat hunting: SentinelOne provides threat hunting capabilities that allow security teams to proactively search for threats on endpoints. This helps companies identify and remediate threats before they cause damage.
- Device control: SentinelOne provides device control capabilities that allow administrators to control access to USB devices, printers, and other peripherals. This helps prevent data exfiltration and other security incidents.
- Vulnerability assessment: SentinelOne provides vulnerability assessment capabilities that help companies identify and remediate vulnerabilities on endpoints. This helps reduce the risk of exploitation by threat actors.
- Automated remediation: Our SOC provides remediation capabilities that will quickly and easily remediate threats. This helps you offload the security work to our SOC team and will reduce response times and minimize the impact of security incidents.
SentinelOne is the most widely used and effective endpoint detection & response security platform that provides comprehensive protection against a range of threats. It has fast response times and provides real-time monitoring and visibility into threat activity, and we can deploy and manage it for you, and provide reporting for insight & compliance purposes . Its features include behavioral AI, threat hunting, device control, vulnerability assessment, and automated remediation. SentinelOne is a powerful tool for companies looking to improve their security posture, reduce cybersecurity insurance premiums, and protect against advanced threats.
We are ready for your call, email, or message.
Reach out to us today and tell us how we can help your organization succeed.
Fill out a 2 minute Cybersecurity Self-Assessment online.